All our sessions include instruction in classic asana (poses), pranayama (breathwork), and deep relaxation. We draw on the ancient teachings of yoga to provide a deeper experience of your body, breath and being.
• STRETCH & STRENGTHEN An invigorating, alignment based Hatha class that will help cleanse your system and calm your mind. Suitable for active beginners through to intermediate students. (Mondays 5:30 pm, Wednesdays 5:30 pm in Smithers. Thursdays 7:15 pm in Telkwa)
• GENTLE A Quiet Flow class designed to promote the connection between body awareness, inner balance and stress relief. Created for beginners, people dealing with injury, and those seeking a calm, meditative pace. (Tuesdays 7:15 in Telkwa)
• HOT YOGA Stretch, sweat, move your body, and experience the ‘yoga glow’ afterward. Play in the heat to tone muscle, detoxify, and calm your mind. This is an all-level class but not suitable for beginners who are pregnant or injured. (Tuesdays 5:30 pm, Thursdays 5:30 pm, Saturdays 10 am)
• NEW THIS FALL – Warm Yin. Yin is both a gentle and encompassing yoga practice that is designed to literally open the body, peeling away layers of tension, stress and injury that reside within. A gentle approach is used to stretch the body, using longer holds to get beyond the muscle tissue into the connective tissue, the fascia of the body. All poses are seated or reclined. The slower nature of this practice is often described as a “moving meditation”. A great compliment to your regular practice. Suitable for all levels. Tuesdays, 7 pm.
• LUNCHTIME FLOW Return to your workplace with flexibility, clarity and ease. This all-levels class offers a mental and physical boost for the middle of your day. (Tuesdays & Thursdays, noon-1 pm)
• Core Strength and Body Balance: A Rehabilitative Pilates Mini Series. This therapeutic session of four classes will escalate your muscular balance, strength and movement control around the core, hips and shoulders. It takes a deep look at minimizing pain in the body, especially around the low back, neck, shoulders, upper back, hips and knees. Instructor Hannah Barnes, originally from England, is a Physiotherapist, has a BSc in Sports Science, and is a Balanced Bodies Pilates Mat instructor. INSTRUCTOR: firstname.lastname@example.org Mondays & Thursdays 7:15-8:15 pm. (Already full for September 2017, openings in October. Please contact instructor Hannah Barnes, email@example.com)
• MANYOGA Just that. Gentle basic yoga with a focus on easing stiff muscles, enhancing flexibility and relaxation.
• PRE-NATAL Discover a nurturing yoga practice that will carry you through the stages of pregnancy and labour. This is a pre-registered class that runs in six week sessions. Let us know if you’re interested in signing up for the next series!
• FOUNDATIONS: ASHTANGA 101 – Ashtanga yoga is a flowing, vinyassa-based practice that follows a fixed series of asana, or yoga poses. This six-week introductory series teaches Ashtanga’s beginner or Primary series, as taught by Pattabhi Jois (1915-2009), whose teachings has a profound effect on the world of yoga. Learn the sequence of vinyassas (linked poses, such as sun salutations) and more gentle seated positions that make the primary series, explore the world of bandhas, ujayi breathing and drishti, all of which are foundational. $95 for six 1.5 hour sessions, pre-registration is required.Instructor Amanda Follett Hosgood (RYT 200) has been practicing Ashtanga Yoga for more than a decade and recently completed a training with Ashtanga scholar and Pattabhi Jois pupil David Swenson.
• YODA YOGA / KID YOGA: Lots to choose from! Through the use of games, animal and yoga poses, storytelling, free movement and music, the class promotes self-awareness, self-regulation, self-esteem and physical activity. (Wednesdays after school. Age 5-7 3:30-4:14, age 8-11 4:30-5:15.
• EARLY BIRD SELF-PRACTICE Some of the most important yoga developments happen during a home yoga practice, which offers the opportunity to explore your unique yoga style and experiment with different types of yoga. Full Circle offers the opportunity to deepen your self-practice with Early Bird drop-ins throughout the week. Begin your day with a peaceful practice and the opportunity to ask questions to a certified instructor. Suggested donation $2.
• MOM & BABY YOGA Having a child takes energy. Mom & Tot Yoga is a great way to get back in shape and have a fun, relaxing time bonding with your baby. This class is designed for babies age 2 mos. until crawling. This is a pre-registered class that runs – as interest warrants – in six week sessions.
“The journey between who you once were, and who you are now becoming, is where the dance of life really takes place.” Barbara De Angelis
INDIVIDUAL YOGA LESSONS / PRIVATE BOOKINGS
By appointment. Booking Tuesday and Thursday afternoons in Smithers. Please call (250) 877-3387 or firstname.lastname@example.org